Period and Menstrual SEA SPONGE SET$21.50
Period and Menstrual SEA SPONGE SET
Why use sea natural Sponges as tampons?
Because they are:
- Organic - Naturally harvested from the Mediterranean Sea.
- Chemical free - Free of cancer causing chemicals, such as dioxins and furans.
- Natural Fit - A sponges takes the form of your body so it won't move or feel uncomfortable.
- Money Saver - These are reusable, you can use them for at least 6 months. You do the math.
- Biodegradable - Environmentally friendly
- For their natural antibacterial properties.
- Naturally super absorbent
- Easily cleaned with some drops of tea tree oil.
- Easily inserted.
- Easily adapted, as they are flexible and can be manually trimmed.
Two different types of Mediterranean sponges are provided.
Traditionally used in island communities for centuries.
Each Set contains:
- 3 natural sponges
- 100% cotton bag to store your sponges
- Full instructions for use.
The full set contains 5 sponges.
HOW TO USE
- Before using your sea sponge, squeeze it under warm water to soften.
- Drain it and add drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree oil is optional.
- Squeeze the sponge to insert. If it's to big, trim it with scissors.
- Use Honeycomb sponges for the light days and Fina Silk for the heavier ones.
- After 3-6 hours depending on the flow, remove gently.
- Wash the used sponge in cold water.
- Allow sponges to dry completely after each use.
To extend the life of your sponge:
Soak a cleaning or bathing sea sponge for 15 minutes every few weeks in 1 cup of warm water and 1 Tablespoon of baking soda (increase solution accordingly for large sponges). Do this every day or every other day during use for sea sponge tampons. Then rinse and let dry (preferably in a hanging, breathable mesh bag). In addition to thoroughly cleaning the sponge, baking soda revitalizes its cellular structure for increased durability.
Sea sponges naturally inhibit the growth of bacteria. To prevent this or to disinfect your sponge, you can soak it in:
- 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1 cup of water. This will clean and re-bleach the sponge if it becomes discolored from use.
- A few drops of tea tree essential oil in 1 cup of warm water.
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in 1 cup of warm water.
- 1 teaspoon colloidal silver in 1 cup of warm water. There is no pathogenic organism known that is not killed by colloidal silver in 6 minutes or less.
Never place a sea sponge in a microwave or dryer. This will harden your sponge. Never use strong bleach. This will weaken your sponge. Squeeze but do not twist or pull your sponge.
If a sponge starts to become ragged, use scissors to trim off the loose pieces rather than pulling them off. Trimming the sponge to keep it smooth will enable you to get more use out of it.