Natural Sponge Pessary Prolapse Kit$32.90
Natural Sponge Pessary Prolapse Kit
These sponges are specially selected extra large and firm to naturally support prolapsed pelvic organs.
This set contains:
- 2 Fine silk natural sponges
- 2 Honeycomb natural sponges
Natural sponge pessary acts as a great natural alternative to a pessary for pelvic organ prolapse as the sponges:
- Work to support the 'fallen' internal organs and adds bulk for support
- Help to relieve the 'dragging' symptoms of prolapse
- Are one size fits most but can be trimmed to fit all women
Caring For Your Sea Sponges
Sponges are delicate, so great care should be taken when cleaning and using them. When cared for properly, sponges last between 3 and 6 months, and can last even longer.
1. Use a chemical-free, natural soap or soak for 5 to 10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (this helps to eliminate discoloration)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda (this helps to restore density and volume)
2. Rinse sponge and squeeze out the excess water.
- Do not boil your sponge! Boiling toughens and shrinks sea sponges.
- Do not soak your sponges longer than the recommended time as this can cause your sponge to deteriorate faster.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or soaps!
Cleaning Your Sea Sponges
Sea sponges can be rinsed and reused multiple times and they do not need to be sanitized after each use. We recommend that you clean your sponge:
- Before using for the first time
- Once daily during use
- If the sponge develops an unpleasant odor
- Prior to storing
Sponges should be completely dry before being stored and should be kept in a breathable container or bag.