NATURAL SEA SPONGE TAMPON SET 5 PCS - ALL SIZES
The Natural Sea Sponge Tampon Set contains:
- 3 fina silk natural sponges
- 2 honeycomb natural sponges
- 100% cotton bag to store your sponges
- Full instructions for use.
HOW TO USE
- Before using your sea sponge, squeeze it under warm water to soften.
- Drain it and add drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree oil is optional.
- Squeeze the sponge to insert. If it's to big, trim it with scissors.
- Use Honeycomb sponges for the light days and Fina Silk for the heavier ones.
- After 3-6 hours depending on the flow, remove gently.
- Wash the used sponge in cold water.
- Allow sponges to dry completely after each use.
To extend the life of your sponge:
Soak a cleaning or bathing sea sponge for 15 minutes every few weeks in 1 cup of warm water and 1 Tablespoon of baking soda (increase solution accordingly for large sponges). Do this every day or every other day during use for sea sponge tampons. Then rinse and let dry (preferably in a hanging, breathable mesh bag). In addition to thoroughly cleaning the sponge, baking soda revitalizes its cellular structure for increased durability.
Sea sponges naturally inhibit the growth of bacteria. To prevent this or to disinfect your sponge, you can soak it in:
- 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1 cup of water. This will clean and re-bleach the sponge if it becomes discolored from use.
- A few drops of tea tree essential oil in 1 cup of warm water.
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in 1 cup of warm water.
- 1 teaspoon colloidal silver in 1 cup of warm water. There is no pathogenic organism known that is not killed by colloidal silver in 6 minutes or less.
Never place a sea sponge in a microwave or dryer. This will harden your sponge. Never use strong bleach. This will weaken your sponge. Squeeze but do not twist or pull your sponge.
If a sponge starts to become ragged, use scissors to trim off the loose pieces rather than pulling them off. Trimming the sponge to keep it smooth will enable you to get more use out of it.
Why use sea natural Sponge Tampons?
- For their natural antibacterial properties.
- Naturally super absorbent
- Naturally friendlier to the body than disposable tampons and pads that contain cancer causing chemicals, such as dioxins and furans.
- Cheaper in long-term programming that conventional ones. Duration of life more than 6 months.
- Easily cleaned with some drops of tea tree oil.
- Easily inserted.
- Greener than the conventional ones as their production does not enable emissions and their disposal is not damaging for the environment.
- Easily adapted, as they are flexible and can be manually trimmed.
Two different types of Mediterraneansponges are provided.
The strings are 100% cotton.
Traditionally used in island communities forcenturies.
Sizes vary per vendor. Please take your measurements and find your size.
How to take your measurements
To find your correct size, use a tape measure and take these measurements. Stand with your back straight in front of a mirror, to make sure that you measure correctly and that the tape measure is kept level.
Measure under your armpits, around your shoulder blades, and over the fullest part of your bust. Don’t pull the tape measure too hard. For fitting a bra, you also need the measurement just under your bust.
Measure around your natural waistline. This is the narrow part of your waist, about an inch above your navel. Relax and breath out before you measure.
The hip should be measured around its fullest part (about 8 inch. below your waist).
This is the measurement from your ankle to your groin, when you stand with your legs straight. If possible, ask a friend to help you. This can also be measured on a pair of pants with the proper length.
Shipping is either free or a flat fee of $6.95 for US customers depending on the vendor. Orders from our US vendors are shipped USPS and usually arrive within 2 - 5 business days.
From Ghana in Africa to Suriname in South America, our vendors are located everywhere in the world so the delivery times vary. For shipments from these vendors please check the item and the delivery time into account.
Shipping is either free or starts at $13.30 for orders to be delivered outside of the US and go up depending on the weight.