The Detox Loc Rod comes in a boxed package that looks like the photo. It is super easy to use and if you are not sure there is a test you can do to see how it works.
To test the Loc rod first do the following:
Fill a container with water and add a small sheet of crumpled aluminum foil.
Place the Sonic Loc Rod into the water, making sure that it is fully submerged.
Turn on the device and set the timer for 1 minute.
Observe the water during the cleaning process. The ultrasonic waves should create bubbles, indicating that the device is working properly.
After the cleaning process is complete, turn off the device and remove it from the water. Drain the water and examine the aluminum foil. The foil should have small pits, indicating that the ultrasonic waves are strong enough to cause cavitation.
Empty the container and dry the Loc Rod device with a cloth.
Please note that while this is a common test method to check ultrasonic cleaner's performance, it is not recommended to use aluminum on regular basis as it can damage the device over time.
How to use:
- Fill the basin with water and add a loc bomb. Make sure the water is warm enough but not too hot.
- Place the Loc Rod into the water, making sure that it is fully submerged.
- Then get comfortable, turn the device on by pressing the power button then put your locs in the basin.
- The device will emit ultrasonic waves that create millions of microscopic bubbles, which clean your locs by removing dirt and buildup.
- Use the built-in timer to set the desired cleaning time. The device has a maximum cleaning time of 15 minutes, but you can repeat it.
Click for more info about the Loc Rod.