Natural Sponge Pessary Prolapse Kit
These sponges are specially selected extra large and firm to naturally support prolapsed pelvic organs.
This set contains:
- 4 Fine silk natural sponges
- 4 Honeycomb natural sponges
Natural sponge pessary acts as a great natural alternative to a pessary for pelvic organ prolapse as the sponges:
- Work to support the 'fallen' internal organs and adds bulk for support
- Help to relieve the 'dragging' symptoms of prolapse
- Are one size fits most but can be trimmed to fit all women
Caring For Your Sea Sponges
Sponges are delicate, so great care should be taken when cleaning and using them. When cared for properly, sponges last between 3 and 6 months, and can last even longer.
1. Use a chemical-free, natural soap or soak for 5 to 10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (this helps to eliminate discoloration)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda (this helps to restore density and volume)
2. Rinse sponge and squeeze out the excess water.
- Do not boil your sponge! Boiling toughens and shrinks sea sponges.
- Do not soak your sponges longer than the recommended time as this can cause your sponge to deteriorate faster.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or soaps!
Cleaning Your Sea Sponges
Sea sponges can be rinsed and reused multiple times and they do not need to be sanitized after each use. We recommend that you clean your sponge:
- Before using for the first time
- Once daily during use
- If the sponge develops an unpleasant odour
- Prior to storing
Sponges should be completely dry before being stored and should be kept in a breathable container or bag.
Sizes vary per vendor. Please take your measurements and find your size.
How to take your measurements
To find your correct size, use a tape measure and take these measurements. Stand with your back straight in front of a mirror, to make sure that you measure correctly and that the tape measure is kept level.
Measure under your armpits, around your shoulder blades, and over the fullest part of your bust. Don’t pull the tape measure too hard. For fitting a bra, you also need the measurement just under your bust.
Measure around your natural waistline. This is the narrow part of your waist, about an inch above your navel. Relax and breath out before you measure.
The hip should be measured around its fullest part (about 8 inch. below your waist).
This is the measurement from your ankle to your groin, when you stand with your legs straight. If possible, ask a friend to help you. This can also be measured on a pair of pants with the proper length.
Shipping is either free or a flat fee of $6.95 for US customers depending on the vendor. Orders from our US vendors are shipped USPS and usually arrive within 2 - 5 business days.
From Ghana in Africa to Suriname in South America, our vendors are located everywhere in the world so the delivery times vary. For shipments from these vendors please check the item and the delivery time into account.
Shipping is either free or starts at $13.30 for orders to be delivered outside of the US and go up depending on the weight.