Our sponges are harvested in the Mediterranean sea are specially selected extra large and firm to naturally support prolapsed pelvic organs.
A set contains two Fine silk natural and two Honeycomb natural sponges. Natural sponges act as a great natural alternative to a pessary for pelvic organ prolapse as the sponges:
- Work to support the 'fallen' internal organs and adds bulk for support
- Help to relieve the 'dragging' symptoms of prolapse
- Are one size fits most and can be trimmed to fit all women
- Use a chemical-free, natural soap or soak for 5 to 10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide (this helps to eliminate discoloration)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda (this helps to restore density and volume)
- Rinse sponge and squeeze out the excess water.
- Do not boil your sponge! Boiling toughens and shrinks sea sponges.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or soaps!
Cleaning Your Sea Sponges
Sea sponges can be rinsed and reused multiple times and they do not need to be sanitized after each use. We recommend that you clean your sponge:
- Before using for the first time
- Once daily during use
- If the sponge develops an unpleasant odor
- Prior to storing
Sponges should be completely dry before being stored and should be kept in a breathable container or bag.